Sandsoft was formed by industry leaders from international video games publishers and local talents with the core ambition to help develop the gaming ecosystem across MENA, modernize the region and take MENA from an emerging market to a global market leader. Sandsoft has offices in Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates and China and also offers work from home opportunities. Sandsoft is looking for talented individuals who share the same drive and vision.
About Riyadh Studio:
At Sandsoft, we do things differently.
Our Background. We are a new, dynamic games company based in Saudi Arabia focused on publishing, developing & investing in high quality, core mobile Free to Play and Play & Earn game experiences and studios across the world. Our seasoned team is composed of passionate game makers with vast experience in developing, publishing and leading some of the most highly successful game franchises ever released including FIFA, Candy Crush, Need for Speed, Angry Birds, World of Tanks and more. And we are backed by the resources of one of the largest, most successful and prestigious corporations in the Middle East (Ajlan &Bros).
We Value Independence. We create the best possible, small teams we call ‘Tribes’ and give them the freedom and independence to work together in pursuit of creating the highest quality games with high reliability and competition at the heart of the experience. Each Tribe has the freedom to pursue this goal as they see fit. It’s up to them to decide what is best for Sandsoft and for our players.
We Defer to Trust. We trust each other, even when we disagree. In this environment, you will work with your colleagues who will trust you to do what makes sense and give you the autonomy to do what is right for Sandsoft as only our game teams can make the decision to launch or shut down their project.
Everyone is a Game Maker. Everybody in our development team is first and foremost, a Game Maker and you will be no different. We encourage our people to use their talents where they have the most impact. We ask and give feedback proactively to inform our decisions. So while you are a master of your own discipline, you are also a key stakeholder and your role and voice is critical when it comes to concepting and designing Games.
About the responsibilities:
- Involvement in all areas of game development programming including Graphics, Game Logic, Artificial Intelligence and User Interface.
- Implement client game features in Unity.
- Integrate third-party SDKs into Unity.
- Write and maintain quality, readable code.
- Support & contribute new ideas to game design by collaborating with games team members to bring games to life.
- Exhibit an instinct for what level of engineering is needed working efficiently at any level. Sometimes a rapid prototype is needed to quickly test an idea. Other times a critical system needs detailed planning and consultation.
- Provide engineering support for game live operations.
- 5+ years experience in C# and Unity.
- Shipped and operated at least two mobile free-to-play games using Unity.
- Deep knowledge of data structures, algorithms, and design patterns and how to apply them to the problem at hand.
- Deep understanding and experience in different game technology areas (gameplay, graphics, tools etc.)
- Deep understanding of and experience with Game Design.
- In depth experience with mobile game development on iOS or Android.
- Strong, professional experience using C++.
- Experience with Python, Jenkins, and Shell scripts.
- Ability to quickly get up to speed with existing code.
- Understanding/experience with any of the following is a plus: Touch UI, OpenGL, Content Driven Systems.
- High level of emotional intelligence.
- Ability to make decisions based on both qualitative gut feel and quantitative reasoning.
- Entrepreneurial mindset with desire to be operationally hands-on.
- Ability to operate clearly in an ambiguous environment with strong ability to influence.
- Passion for games, and desire to make the best games possible.
- Excellent project management skills and attention to detail.
- Creative mindset and ability to think outside the box.
- High level of written and oral communication skills in English.