Sandsoft was formed by industry leaders from international video games publishers and local talents with the core ambition to help develop the gaming ecosystem across MENA, modernize the region and take MENA from an emerging market to a global market leader. Sandsoft has offices in Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates and China and also offers work from home opportunities. Sandsoft is looking for talented individuals who share the same drive and vision.
About Riyadh Studio:
At Sandsoft, we do things differently.
Our Background. We are a new, dynamic games company based in Saudi Arabia focused on publishing, developing & investing in high quality, core mobile Free to Play and Play & Earn game experiences and studios across the world. Our seasoned team is composed of passionate game makers with vast experience in developing, publishing and leading some of the most highly successful game franchises ever released including FIFA, Candy Crush, Need for Speed, Angry Birds, World of Tanks and more. And we are backed by the resources of one of the largest, most successful and prestigious corporations in the Middle East (Ajlan &Bros).
We Value Independence. We create the best possible, small teams we call ‘Tribes’ and give them the freedom and independence to work together in pursuit of creating the highest quality games with high reliability and competition at the heart of the experience. Each Tribe has the freedom to pursue this goal as they see fit. It’s up to them to decide what is best for Sandsoft and for our players.
We Defer to Trust. We trust each other, even when we disagree. In this environment, you will work with your colleagues who will trust you to do what makes sense and give you the autonomy to do what is right for Sandsoft as only our game teams can make the decision to launch or shut down their project.
Everyone is a Game Maker. Everybody in our development team is first and foremost, a Game Maker and you will be no different. We encourage our people to use their talents where they have the most impact. We ask and give feedback proactively to inform our decisions. So while you are a master of your own discipline, you are also a key stakeholder and your role and voice is critical when it comes to concepting and designing Games.
About the Role:
As a Senior Product Manager, you will take a hands-on role working with your game teams to help steer and guide game vision, strategy and development from ideation to live service achieving results through the definition of associated KPIs. You need to be a strategic, long-term visionary, who understands what it takes to build compelling, high quality games around which you can build and exciting communities. It’s important that you are passionate about games, how game development works and how to keep players happy.
About the responsibilities:
- Being a strong strategic vision holder for the team. Owning the product vision for the games with long-term growth and NOT short term business gain mindset.
- Help identify and deconstruct new markets and opportunities, staying in the cutting edge of the mobile gaming industry.
- Effectively guiding teams from concept to live service. Help define short-term and long-term roadmap aligned with game vision and strategy in partnership with internal and external stakeholders ensuring a collaborative approach.
- Being a seasoned leader effectively working with a high performing & talented game developers team. Partner with Tribe Members to conceptualize and implement engaging features, mechanics, systems that fulfill the game goals.
- Taking the lead and ownership of the product and the operations of the game. Taking end-to-end responsibility (planning, executing, analyzing and optimizing live features).
- Collaborating internally and effectively across different functions and disciplines, such as marketing, bizops, finance.
- Leveraging qualitative and quantitative analysis to monitor game performance, recommend tuning mechanics and A/B tests, and identify new features to increase user conversion, retention, and monetization.
- Being a great communicator & collaborator. Understanding the importance of storytelling and communicating key findings and business performance updates on the game(s) to internal/external developers in a clear, concise way.
- Min 5 years of experience in Product Management working on mobile F2P titles in the role of Product Manager or Senior Product Manager.
- Worked on at least 2 mobile F2P titles launched/live in Core F2P Genres from prototype to live operations.
- Experience leading a live game team and dealing with a community of players.
- Proven track record of growing a game or business.
- Deep understanding of F2P business models and trends.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to translate the analysis into improvement actions.
- Great people skills and leadership skills.
- High level of emotional intelligence.
- Ability to make decisions based on both qualitative gut feel and quantitative reasoning.
- Entrepreneurial mindset with desire to be operationally hands-on.
- Ability to operate clearly in an ambiguous environment with strong ability to influence.
- Passion for games, and desire to make the best games possible.
- Excellent project management skills and attention to detail.
- Creative mindset and ability to think outside the box.
- High level of written and oral communication skills in English.